Pentax K-5 II s (USED)
with strap, battery, and charger
with strap, battery, and charger
PENTAX K-5 IIS DSLR CAMERA
Want to take more intensely detailed shots? Then look no further in Adorama than the PENTAX K-5 IIS DSLR CAMERA. This camera is ready for action, capable of handling everything from live video and events to landscapes and scenery in stunning detail.
- A 100% field of view viewfinder ensures that you capture the right frame every time. A manual focus control also allows you to determine exactly how the end result will turn out, giving you more control than the average amateur photography enthusiast.
- The Pentax K-5 IIs has no anti-aliasing filter, unlike the II, which means that it gives you greater control over the details in your photos.
- Highly durable, with a magnesium alloy exterior, this camera is weather-resistant and ready to come on that next hiking trip with you.
Sometimes, it helps to have a camera capable of working as hard as you do. The Pentax K-5 IIs gives you everything you need for startlingly vivid outdoor, live event, and even studio/portrait shots.
Learn about the PENTAX K-5 IIS DSLR CAMERA
Who ever said that affordability couldn’t be paired with pure photographic firepower? It wasn’t Adorama. Meet the PENTAX K-5 IIS DSLR CAMERA, a camera body designed to handle just about every scenario you can throw at it. Pentax’s reputation for building outdoor-friendly cameras means it’s optimized for durability, live events, and plenty of landscape shots—so if you see a sunset that you don’t want to forget, you know where to go for your go-to camera.
But what exactly makes this Pentax K-5 IIs so unique here at Adorama? And does it really have the power to compete with cameras at a higher price point? Let’s answer those questions right now:
- Body construction is key in the Pentax universe; after all, no one’s going to trust an outdoor camera that can’t actually handle the outdoors. The Pentax K-5 IIs is water-resistant, cold-resistant, dust-resistant…essentially, it’s outdoors-resistant. And that’s good news, because every Pentax camera is great at handling the outdoors. But this camera, the IIs, is a little special: it can handle both commercial and studio photography as well. Though built around the same 16MP APS CMOS sensor as the II, this camera has features that even the most battle-hardened professionals might consider appropriate for indoor use.
- The sharpness and detailing here is truly something you have to see to believe. Part of that is due to the fact that the Pentax K-5 IIs features no anti aliasing filter. And part of it is the ISO range of 100-12,800 native (expandable to 80-51,200). This camera produces crystal-clear photos that rival anything you’ll see in the commercial/studio industry, and does it with the versatility of working just as well in an outdoor environment. This means that wedding receptions, parties, concerts, and other nighttime events are all fair game.
- Did we mention durability? Because there’s more to durability than simply being able to take a licking. The Pentax K-5 IIs features a magnesium alloy exterior, to be sure, as well as a highly rigid stainless steel chassis. But there’s more to durability; a camera should feature shake reduction optical elements in order to ensure that the durability actually counts for better photographs in a more improvisational environment. This camera features exactly that, allowing you to take beautiful landscape shots at a moment’s notice.
- The viewfinder on such a contraption is of paramount importance, because whether you’re shooting indoors or outdoors, you need to be able to quickly frame a picture with accuracy. This glass Pentaprism viewfinder features a 100% field of view. And the focusing screen allows for manual focusing that rivals anything a professional could ever hope to control, giving you more direct influence over the quality of your shots.
- If you consider yourself a photography expert, the IIs gives you control over more than raw focus: it gives you intense details, allowing photographers who shoot in RAW to better handle any distortion themselves.
There’s no doubt that the PENTAX K-5 IIS DSLR CAMERA is a serious camera for serious photography enthusiasts. But it’s versatile enough for anyone, handling family photos, landscapes, scenery, low light situations, action, travel, video, wildlife, and more. Semi-pro photographers who want a sophisticated outdoor-ready camera don’t have to look beyond this camera body.
From the Manufacturer
Pentax is carving out a substantial niche for itself by focusing many of its products on the outdoor and adventure market. Today the Ricoh-owned camera maker introduced two new flavors of its top line camera, the Pentax K-5 II and Pentax K-5 IIs. Both cameras feature a rugged body construction that is water-, cold- and dust-resistant, and are built around the same 16MP APS CMOS sensor. The main difference is that the K-5IIs comes without an anti-aliasing filter, making it better suited for commercial and studio photography, while the K-5 II is designed to be taken to places where the photographer may not necessarily have control over lighting.
Pentax K-5 IIs Key Features:
16MP CMOS sensor
No anti aliasing filter: improved sharpness and detail
ISO range 100-12,800 native, expandable to 80-51,200
3-inch, 921k dot LCD monitor
Shake Reduction Optical
Viewfinder with 100% field of view
7fps burst rate up to 30 consecutive images in JPEG
18 digital filters
RAW or JPEG format
The Pentax K-5 II's magnesium alloy exterior and highly rigid stainless steel chassis is sturdy and lightweight, with 77 seals to keep out dust and rain. The camera i s claimed to offer reliable operation down to 14 degrees F, and has a shutter release with a top shutter speed of 1/8000 second, rated to last up to 100,000 shots.
The glass Pentaprism viewfinder offers a full 100% field of view, with a Natural-Brigh t Matte II focusing screen for easier manual focusing. The camera has a Shake Reduction mechanism that can compensate for up to three stops worth of shakiness, according to Pentax; helpful features include an electric level function with a vertical level scale, automated compensation for distortion and lateral chromatic aberration when using Pentax's DA, D, FA and FA limited lenses (all of which are available at Adorama). You have a choice of three grid patterns while in live view mode.
The difference between this K-5 IIs camera and the K-5 II version is that this K-5 IIs does not come with a built-in anti-aliasing filter. The filter reduces digital distortion, in particular the moiré pattern found in certain shots, however it also decreases detail resolution. Removing the anti-alias properties means the K-5 IIs offers superior resolution and intense details and is ideal for photographers who shoot in RAW and can control better moiré and distortion without the in-camera filtering.
- Anti Aliasing filterless design: Anti Aliasing filterless design achieves superior resolution for rich, detailed imagery at supreme resolution where camera settings, lens selection and shooting conditions are controlled to prevent moire.
- Stay obsessed - great just got better: The K-5 II takes greatness to the next level. Its high resolution sensor, highly advanced autofocus system and accurate shake reduction system coupled with its weather sealed coldproof design ensure that this camera is worthy of fixation.
- 16.3 megapixel CMOS sensor: High resolution 16.3 megapixel CMOS sensor with integrated Analog to Digital (AD) conversion circuitry captures outstanding image detail with pixels to spare.
- Rugged design: Durable magnesium alloy covers surround a rugged stainless steel chassis.
- Shake reduction: PENTAX body-based Shake Reduction (SR) stabilization system is compatible with every PENTAX lens ever made.
- 11 point SAFOX X autofocus system: New, highly advanced and accurate 11 point SAFOX X autofocus system offers the widest EV focus range in its class and is ideal for focusing in low conditions, as low as -3EV.
- Air-gap-free, scratch resistant, 3 inch LCD: Air-gap-free, scratch resistant, 3 inch LCD with 921,000 dots of resolution offers a premium image review experience by eliminating the gap typically found between the LCD screen and screen cover, giving a brighter and sharper image.
- 1080p HD video: Capture widescreen HD video with stunning detail at full 1080p resolution and 25 FPS, including sound via a built-in or external 3.5mm stereo microphone jack.
- 100% field of view: High quality glass pentaprism viewfinder features 100% field of view and 0.92X magnification, for perfect framing accuracy.
- HDMI port: An HDMI port outputs high definition images, video and sound to HDTVs.
- HDR image capture: Improved in-camera HDR image capture features more blending options and better pixel registration for easier operation without a tripod.
- Built-in electronic level: Built-in electronic level now features a tilt scale display in Live View.
- Special effects filters: A wide range of in-camera image processing and special effects filters encourages the photographer's artistic expression.
- 80-51200 ISO: High sensitivity 80-51200 ISO range with improved noise performance throughout, including ISO-specific noise reduction.
- 7 FPS: Speedy 7 FPS framerate captures fast action shots in demanding situations.
- 77 segment metering system: Highly accurate 77 segment metering system for perfectly exposed images even in difficult lighting.
- 1/8000 shutter speed: A maximum 1/8000 second shutter speed freezes even the fastest action without subject movement blur.
- PENTAX PEF and Adobe DNG files: Native support for both PENTAX PEF and Adobe DNG 14 bit RAW files, including the ability to retrieve RAW data from JPG files if still present in buffer memory.
- Customizable RAW/Fx button: Customizable RAW/Fx button allows for easy access to common shooting settings.
with strap, battery, and charger
|Product Name||Pentax K-5 II s (USED)|
|Type of Store Credit value||Select|